Sunday, April 14, 2013

Nice to be here

I'm usually not one for sun bathing. To start, I'm very white, which means that if I don't apply the proper amount of sunscreen then I burn, and if I do, then I'm just still pale. On top of that, my mind wanders terribly. I'll be laying out, enjoying nature, and all of a sudden I remember every phone call I have to make and every email I never responded to. I compile grocery list and a chore chart and then I usually think of a great possible chapter to a book I've never started. So, inevitably, I spend five minutes in the sun before giving up and running off to do something more productive.

Today, though, I fell asleep on a rock in Nice, France - it was all very Little Mermaid - and it was wonderful. One second I was day dreaming about the adventures we've had so far, and the next, I was being rudely awoken by a cruise ship's blaring whistle. What a dream I am living! (Aside from the whole sunburn thing.)





No comments:

Post a Comment