Saturday, December 29, 2012

Who needs sleep?

Well friends, I have now packed, unpacked, rearranged, repacked, unpacked, and repacked about twelve times, and I can confidentially say, I'm ready! I leave LAX, and the SoCal I'm comfortable with, in 7 hours. Sure, I still have an hour drive to the LAX Hilton. Sure, I was supposed to take a sleep-inducing decongestant to clear up my ear infection several hours ago. But alas, I was too busy packing and repacking and unpacking and panicking for any of that before now.

I think it's ok, though. I think I'm allowed to panic - at least, a little bit. Recently I was told that I'm allowed to be scared because anxiety will keep me alert and safe. It just gets dangerous if I let the anxiety interfere with the fun. So, I just won't. I won't let my heightened nerves interfere with the fact that I am about to take off for a new country and an experience unlike any I've ever had. Of course I had to fight back a tear or two when my brother gave me that last tight squeeze. It's only natural to fear the release from that level of comfort, but I'm excited. I am so excited!!

So here's to having fun, to meeting new people, and to kissing the Blarney Stone!

No comments:

Post a Comment