Thursday, February 28, 2013

Locked Out

Today, after spending the majority of the last 48 hours in bed with a bad cold, my roommate Erin and I decided we'd take a walk around shop street. As we left out apartment, I made sure to ask, "do you have your key?" When she said yes, I didn't think any more about it.

We walked over to shop street, where I got my eyebrows threaded at The Body Shop - some much needed pampering. Then we went to the post office, and I mailed my many postcards. We then ventured over to EuroGiant, which is the Irish equivalent of a Dollar Tree, and we stalked up on some St. Patrick's Day decorations. (If I'm being totally honest, I'm a little scared for the upcoming St. Party's Day festivities. I mean, it will be an incredible experience, I'm sure, but the fact that the day after is a national work holiday is a little bit frightening.) After that, we looked in at Brown Thomas, and dreamed about the bags we'll never afford. We went to the Pandora store, so Erin could get her Ireland charm, and we went to a souvenir shop so I could buy more post cards! We went to a bookstore, and a church, and a bookshop in a church.

Overall, it was a really nice day, just walking around. But as we parted, Erin went off to school, and I headed back home, where I am now sitting outside of my apartment waiting for someone with a key to let me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment