Thursday, February 21, 2013

In a Rut

It's been a long time since I've written anything, and I couldn't figure out why. A dear friend of mine has been asking me lately why I haven't been writing. You're just not writing anymore, or what?

Thinking about it lately, I think that it's because I've gotten comfortable here. When I would first write for my blog, I would describe all of the crazy things I was doing, all of the strange adjustments I was making. Lately, though, not much has been out of the ordinary. I go to sleep later than I should (usually after catching up on my American sitcoms) and I wake up later than I should. I go to class (most on the time) and I go out a couple nights a week.

We go to either The Quays or The Front Door. On Tuesdays we usually go to Fibber Magees for Kareoke night. After Kareoke we usually just go to supermacs for some taco chips, but sometimes we make it to Coyotes for a bit of dancing.

I guess, as I sit down to write something, anything, I realize that I've let myself get into a rut. I spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing. Next week I will challenge myself to push the boundaries. I will challenge myself to do something outside of what has now become mundane. I will live while I'm in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment