Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mo Money Mo Problems...

I seriously need to get my spending habits in check. I was doing so well this week at not eating out, not ordering drinks from the pubs, not going to places where you have to pay a big cover charge. I really felt good about my finances. So, of course, I let loose today. First, I went to a little souvenir shop and couldn't help but buy a present or two (not to mention the pint glass key chain, which is only necessary if I can ever find my key again). Then we went over to Thomas Dillon, the original Claddagh ring store, and invested in some Claddagh rings. I knew I wanted one before I left. I've always liked them, and I figured being in Galway, the home of the original shop, I could treat myself. Not to mention, the sterling silver ones are only 45Euro. So, I did it. I spent 45Euro on a new, shiny Claddagh ring. I don't regret it - especially after all of the research I put into it about which way to wear it, what the parts mean, etc, etc. - but I definitely feel the void of where the money once was.

After that little investment, we went over to the mall, to a store called New Look. I'd been in there before and thought their stuff was really cute, but last time, I was strong and didn't buy anything. This time, gulp, I dropped another 40Euro. I invested in a pair of wedges - which in all honesty are much needed because the girls here wear these six inch heels, and I just can't keep up - and a pair of red pants. The pants were on sale. So, of course, I had to get them.

The point is, I'm running out of money. Fast. But, at least I'll look good in two weeks, when I can't afford food ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment